Resin Domino Workshop
This 2 hour workshop will teach you the fundamentals and basic knowledge for creating epoxy resin dominos.
Use this class as a starting point for developing your own designs. This class is designed to provide you with all the techniques and insights necessary to create your own resin domino sets once finished with this curriculum.
In this class you'll learn about:
- Creating exceptional depth and dimension by pouring multiple layers of resin.
- How to add paint, glitter, and pigment to your resin
- How to properly prep your mold
- How to receive a flawless finish of the back side of your resin dominos
- Important details about the properties of resin and how to prep it
- Professional tips, do's and don'ts in resin domino mold pouring
- Steps and supplies necessary for painting the dots and center line
- Tools, supplies, and products needed in the pouring process, including a proper station set up
SKILL LEVEL: ALL
You'll receive printable PDF files of the following:
- Checklist for everything you need when prepping, mixing, and pouring the resin, sanding your resin domino pieces, and painting the dots and center line
- Links to all materials, supplies, and tools used in this epoxy domino workshop
- Step-by-step reference sheet
PRODUCTS: Learn how to work with a variety of professional brands as ArtResin, Golden, Pearl Ex, and Stardust Micas.
DURATION: 2 hours 6 minutes
Resin Domino Kits:
OPTIONAL: Materials Kits for epoxy dominos
The kits are available to purchase on Etsy. They include:
- cotton swabs
- disposable gloves
- measuring cups
- mixing cups
- plastic to cover workspace
- popsicle sticks
- pouring cups
- precision tip applicator bottle
- dual sanding sponge
- spray bottle (empty) for 91% alcohol
- tooth picks
This workshop was selected and featured by ArtResin to showcase Anja Yamaji's resin artwork.